Nursing Education at Gwynedd Mercy University
The Frances M. Maguire School of Nursing and Health Professions at Gwynedd Mercy University has been a local leader in nursing education for more than 50 years. We provide educational programs that produce nurses who bring compassion and clinical expertise to the patients who need it most.
Our commitment is to offer nursing programs that:
- Teach theoretical concepts and clinical capabilities to a superior standard;
- Develop critical thinking, research, and leadership skills for nursing environments;
- Promote reflective, research-based nursing practice at all levels;
- Emphasize service, compassionate care, and ethical behavior.
Our Nursing Programs
Gwynedd Mercy University offers a wide range of nursing programs for nurses at every phase of their careers. Whether you want to enter nursing practice or advance your skills to a new level, we can help.
All of our nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Entry to Practice
If you want to become a nurse, you’ve chosen the right partner. Gwynedd Mercy University has a reputation for producing excellent nurses who go on to become models for patient care in their workplaces. Our Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN), designed for those with a bachelor’s degree in another field, prepares you to make the change to a career caring for others, while also establishing a foundation for graduate-level work in the future.
You can bridge any gaps in your knowledge before beginning your ABSN program with online health prerequisite courses in topics such as anatomy and physiology, nutrition, and statistics.
Learn how you can become a nurse with our entry-level programs:
- Online Health and Nursing Prerequisite Courses
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (nursing as a second degree)
Offered on our 160-acre campus in Gwynedd Valley, Pa., our four-year BSN program provides all the benefits of a traditional undergraduate college experience, including a rich campus life and 19 NCAA Division III athletic teams. It’s an excellent choice for recent high school graduates and transfer students.
For nurses who already hold a BSN degree, we offer Master of Science in Nursing programs that prepare you for advanced practice in clinical nursing, nursing education, or as a nurse practitioner (primary care provider). If you hold an MSN and wish to qualify as a nurse practitioner, you also have an option with Gwynedd Mercy University: our Post-Master’s Nurse Practitioner Certificate program can help you gain the skills you need.
- Master of Science in Nursing – Clinical Nurse Specialist (Adult-Gerontology)
- Master of Science in Nursing – Nurse Educator
- Master of Science in Nursing – Nurse Practitioner – Adult Gerontology or Pediatrics
- Post-Master’s Nurse Practitioner Certificate – Adult Gerontology or Pediatrics
Doctor of Nursing Practice
The Doctor of Nursing Practice degree (DNP) offers advanced-practice clinicians with master’s degrees the preparation they need to make major contributions to nursing. After completing this program, you will be prepared to improve individual, family, and community health outcomes through evidence-based practice and act as a leader and advocate for nursing.
Study Nursing with a Leading Nursing Educator
Learn more about pursuing nursing education with Gwynedd Mercy University. Contact an Admissions Counselor today.