Online Post-Master’s Teaching Certifications
Continue your journey as an educator after your master’s degree by earning specialized certification in administration, counseling, or curriculum and instruction supervision. Gwynedd Mercy University offers you the opportunity to pursue ongoing education online.
Online education at Gwynedd Mercy University lets you have more control over your study schedule. Best of all, you’ll stay connected to the supportive, challenging learning community we’re known for.
Current Post-Master’s Teaching Certifications
Gwynedd Mercy University currently offers the following graduate-level certification programs for teachers:
Learn the practical management and leadership skills you need to help provide direction for teachers, motivate students, and engage community members with your school mission. Classes include:
- The Principalship
- Communication & Public Relations
- School Resource Management
- Practicum: K-12 Principalship
If you hold a master’s degree in a counseling-related field, you can help encourage positive growth and development among students through a new role as a school counselor. Our 48-credit certification program prepares you for the practical realities of working with students and groups of students throughout their school careers. Classes include:
- Foundations of Counseling
- Theories of Counseling
- Assessment Techniques in Counseling
- Intervention Techniques in Guidance & Counseling
- Organization of School Counseling
- Social Justice, Multicultural & Diversity Issues in Counseling
- Career Development
- Group Counseling & Facilitation Skills
- SAS Curriculum Development and Peer Coaching
- Supervised Counseling Practicum
Earning your Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction Certification can help you make informed decisions about the type of curriculum your school’s students need most. You can also prepare to provide instructional coaching to other teachers. Classes include:
- Teaching and Learning Process
- Curriculum Development and Coaching
- Research, Analysis and Assessment of Outcomes
- Practicum: Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction
Who Can Apply for These Programs?
Gwynedd Mercy University has designed our post-master’s certificate programs for Pennsylvania teachers who hold an Instructional I certificate and a master’s in education (K-12 Principal and Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction Certification). For the School Counseling Certificate, applicants must hold a master’s degree in a counseling-related field.
Go Farther with a Post-Master’s Certificate
Take the first step towards new opportunities as an educator. Contact Gwynedd Mercy University now to learn more about our online certification programs in education!