Graduate Education Programs – Gwynedd Mercy University
If you’re a teacher who is ready to give more to your school, Gwynedd Mercy University can help. We offer teaching certification and master’s degree programs that can help you gain the skills you need to empower the citizens and leaders of tomorrow.
Offered through a convenient online, accelerated format, our programs for teachers feature small classes and interaction with our experienced faculty, where you will cover the latest research-based thinking in K-12 education.
Doctorate Programs in Education
- Graduate Certificate in Special Education (for teachers with or without a master’s degree)
- Post-Master’s K-12 Principal Certification (for teachers with a master’s degree)
- Post-Master’s Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction Certification (for teachers with a master’s degree)
- Post-Master’s PreK-12 School Counseling Certification (for teachers or counseling professionals with a master’s degree)
- Superintendent Letter of Eligibility
- Supervisor of Education Certification
Education Master Degrees
We currently offer the following master degrees and concentration areas for teachers:
Master of Science in Education
Master of Science in Special Education
Master of Science in Educational Administration
Master of Science in School Counseling
Who Can Apply
Gwynedd Mercy University’s MS in Education programs are for professional educators or candidates preparing to become professional educators. Applicants must supply:
- Proof of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Some programs require a valid instructional certificate and teaching experience.
- Official sealed transcripts from every college or university attended demonstrating a minimum GPA of 3.0. Candidates with a GPA lower than 3.0 may apply, and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- A completed application form.
- A writing sample stating professional and academic goals (one page, double-spaced).
- Two references from supervisors (forms are provided in the application).
- $30.00 application fee.
Additional admissions requirements may apply. For information about applying to our doctorate, doctoral certificate, or A.B.D. completion program, please see individual program pages for more details.
Take Your Students Further
Become the best teacher you can be. Continue your educator’s journey with an online teaching certification or master’s degree program from Gwynedd Mercy University. Talk with an admissions counselor today to learn more.
Learn more about our bachelor of science in education programs offered at our 160-acre campus in Gwynedd Valley, PA. These programs provide all the benefits of a traditional undergraduate college experience, including a rich campus life and 19 NCAA Division III athletic teams. They’re an excellent choice for recent high school graduates and transfer students.