Online Post-Master’s PreK-4 Teaching Certification
Ready to make the change to a teaching career? Gwynedd Mercy University can help. Our online Post-Master of Science in Education- PreK-4 Certification offers you both the training you need to help children grow and professional preparation for your Instructional I Certificate (PreK-4).
Students in our 27 credit Post-Masters Education program engage with the latest education research, develop practical instruction skills, and gain hands-on experience in a practicum with a local school. Courses are taken online in seven-week blocks.
What You Can Learn
Courses for the Post-MSED with PreK-4 Certification include:
- The Learning and Teaching Process
- Social and Political Foundations of Education
- Standards Aligned System, Methods, Materials & Curriculum I
- Standards Aligned System, Methods, Materials & Curriculum II
- Methods and Theories for Teaching Mathematics
- Methods for Teaching Reading and Assessment
- Student Teaching
- Multicultural and Diversity Issues in Education
- Foundations of Special Education in a Inclusionary Setting
- Research Skills for Reflective Practitioners
- Action Research Seminar
- Culminating Project
A practicum or student teaching experience in a local school completes the program.
Who Can Apply
Applicants to our Post-MSED program are generally professionals from another field making the switch to teaching. Requirements include:
- A master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in your master’s program.
Applicants who fall just below the minimum GPA requirement(2.7-2.9 GPA) may request a review of their application by the program director. However, acceptance of an application for review does not guarantee admission to the program.
Earn Your Master’s in Education Online
Take the first step towards new opportunities in teaching today. Contact Gwynedd Mercy University now to learn more about our online master’s degree programs in education.
Licensure: This program was designed to meet the licensure requirements of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. If you reside in a different state, you should carefully review your home state’s licensure requirements prior to enrolling in this program. For more information, please visit out Program Licensure Requirements page.