Take your experience international with an advanced business degree from GMercyU. Our new MBA in International Business offers the strategic leadership skills and international business knowledge you need to advance in multinational corporations, international finance, and trade organizations.
Designed for experienced professionals who want to pursue senior roles, this MBA program features a curriculum that prepares graduates for Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) certification from the National Association of Small Business International Trade Educators (NASBITE). CGBP status indicates an advanced level of international business leadership capability, and is sought after by elite professionals including CEOs, trade organization directors, and international trade specialists working for the federal government.
This online MBA program also offers the flexibility and convenience working professionals need. Presented in an interactive online learning environment, the program is scheduled to teach one course at a time in seven-week blocks. You can earn your International Business MBA with us in as few as 22 months of full-time online study.
Goals of the MBA in International Business
GMercyU’s MBA with a concentration in International Business teaches advanced knowledge that can help you strengthen your overall effectiveness as a strategic leader in international business. The program will provide you with an understanding of:
- The importance of trends in global business and to better anticipate these trends to gain a competitive advantage and build organizational success
- How different environments (social, legal, economic, political, and technological) influence international business strategies to gain insights for improving an organization’s business strategy
- How business practices differ in the global context and how to execute business across cultures
- Developing a strategic plan of entry into a foreign/global market to improve competitiveness
- Knowledge needed to pass the Certified Global Business Professional exam
Program Structure and Course Topics
The program consists of seven core MBA courses and three specialization courses. Course topics in the MBA core include:
- Ethical Decision Making and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Strategic Management
- Accounting for Decision Makers
- Marketing Planning
- Managing Business Operations
- Managerial Finance
These courses develop strategic thinking and decision-making capabilities through application of technical knowledge to real-world business problems. Concentration courses include:
- Global Marketing and Planning
- Supply Chain Management
- Trade Finance and Risk
At the end of the program, you will demonstrate your mastery of concepts across the curriculum by completing a capstone business plan.
Who Can Apply
1. Hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or above
2. Submission of official transcripts from all previously attended institutions
3. Two supervisory letters of recommendation
4. Current resume
5. Students may be required to complete certain foundation courses, if coursework was not previously completed
6. Evidence that international applicants have received a minimum score of 575 on the TOEFL examination
7. Completion of the Application along with applicable application fee
MBA Study Options for Today’s Graduate Student
Gwynedd Mercy University designs its online degree programs to meet the needs of students who are employed full-time. Our MBA degree program is delivered through an online learning environment that offers you:
- Convenience – Complete your weekly assignments at a time and place that works for you.
- Accelerated completion—Take courses one at a time in seven-week blocks.
- Community – Connect with like-minded classmates and instructors who are dedicated to helping you achieve your goals. When you study with Gwynedd Mercy University, you become part of a community of motivated learners who are committed to living their values through their careers.
Contact a Gwynedd Mercy University admissions counselor today to learn more about our online Master of Business Administration degree program with a specialization in International Business.