Transferring Credits –
Adult and Professional Students
At Gwynedd Mercy University, we value the experiences that our adult and graduate students bring to our learning community. In addition to professional and life experience, we know that many students also have prior educational experience at a college, university, or other institution they want to transfer to our programs.
You can request an unofficial transfer credit evaluation at any time during the admissions process. Once you complete all of the application requirements you will receive an official credit evaluation from our Registrar.
This page outlines the basic requirements for acceptable transfer credit. It should give you an idea of what types of prior experience you can submit for evaluation. However, every evaluation is completed on a case-by-case basis, so the general guidelines here may not always apply to your specific situation.
Sources of Transfer Credit – Undergraduate Students
Students entering our bachelor degree completion programs have the option to transfer credits from a number of different sources. These include:
- Regionally accredited U.S. colleges, community colleges, and universities
- International colleges and universities, following an evaluation by World Education Services (WES)
- Military experience or training validated with an ACE Transcript
- Standardized tests, including the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) subject tests, that prove you have college-level understanding of a subject
You may transfer in up to 80 credits, and will need to take a minimum of 46 credits with -College in order to earn your degree.
You will only receive transfer credit for classes in which you earned the equivalent of a “C” (2.0 on a 4-point scale) or higher.
Gwynedd Mercy University has articulation agreements in place with:
- Bucks County Community College, PA
- Montgomery County Community College, PA
- Manor College, PA
Sources of Transfer Credit – Graduate Students
Students in our graduate programs may only transfer graduate-level credits from other regionally accredited colleges and universities. You may transfer in a maximum of six credits, provided you have earned a B (3.0), and we have evaluated the course to determine it is the equivalent of a course in our degree program.
Showing Your Work: Acceptable Documents
You can provide the following evidence when submitting prior learning for credit evaluation:
- Official transcripts from previous institutions that are signed by a school official and presented in an envelope sealed by the school
- Official test results from CLEP, and other programs
- ACE Transcripts from professional training or military training programs
Find Out More
Get detailed information about the types of previous educational experience you may be able to transfer to a Gwynedd Mercy University degree program. Contact one of our admissions counselors today!