Continuing and Graduate Education for Nurses
Nurses are more involved in patient care than ever—as case managers, primary care practitioners, and advanced clinicians. You can renew your commitment to excellent patient care by continuing your education with Gwynedd Mercy University. Whether you want to prepare for nursing management roles, train the next generation of nurses as an educator, or provide primary care to children and adults, we can help.
All of our programs reinforce our commitment to:
- Evidence-based health care based in nursing research and best practices
- Developing a new generation of nursing leaders who are patient advocates
- Improving health outcomes for all patients across the lifespan
- Improving social justice through better health care for all
By choosing to continue your nursing journey with us, you choose to join a learning community that believes in what nurses can achieve for public health.
The Master of Science in Nursing programs at Gwynedd Mercy University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791. The programs are also accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and is approved by the Pennsylvania State Board with full status.
Career Opportunities with Advanced Nursing Education
Building on your qualifications with continuing nursing education equips you to do more for patients, but it also expands your career options. With a BSN, MSN, or DNP, you can pursue nursing careers that offer:
- More autonomy
- More responsibility, both with patient care and as a manager or leader of nurses
- A better work-life balance with regular office hours instead of shifts
- Enhanced earning potential
Nursing Roles and Salary Estimates*
Continuing your nursing education can open up a range of possible career paths. Depending on which of our degree programs you choose, you may be able to pursue roles such as:
- Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN-FNP) – Median salary $88,274[iii]
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (MSN-FNP) – Median salary $83,850[iv]
- Nurse Practitioner (MSN-FNP) – Median salary $98,190[v]
- Postsecondary Nurse Educator (MSN-NE) – Median salary $71,575[vi]
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (MSN-CNS) – Median salary $98,420[vii]
- Nursing Manager (BSN or MSN programs) – Median salary $82,361[viii]
- Nursing Administrator (MSN or DNP) – Median salary $80,451[ix]
Our Continuing Nursing Education Programs
Choose a program below to learn more about course content, delivery formats, and admissions requirements:
- Master of Science in Nursing – Clinical Nurse Specialist (Adult-Gerontology)
- Master of Science in Nursing – Nurse Educator
- Master of Science in Nursing – Nurse Practitioner – Adult Gerontology or Pediatrics
- Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner
- Post-Master’s Nurse Practitioner Certificate – Adult Gerontology, Pediatrics or Family Nurse Practitioner
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Study Nursing with a Leading Nursing Educator
Learn more about pursuing nursing education with Gwynedd Mercy University. Contact an Admissions Counselor today.
* Please note that salary estimates are based on survey data. Actual salaries may vary widely depending upon your location, the employer, and your experience and certification.